Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekly Update


Another busy summer week for the Douma family. We spent the first half of the week recovering from the busy long weekend. This week Isabelle and Ethan both received t-shirts from the library for each reading 300 books since June 1st. We have read a variety of stories and have many favorites but deep sea exploration seems to be a hot topic with both kids right now. I'm so happy they share my love for books, my only complaint is that the library doesn't offer prizes to us moms for all of our reading!
On Friday we had our first day of school per Isabelle's request. She is really excited about it and both kids did really well. Ethan joined in for some parts and quietly did his own activities when he got bored. We are keeping a really loose schedule since it is only July. The early start will definitely give us quite a bit of flexibility.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you got your blog up and running. It is fun to see what you guys are up to. Definitely interested in hearing more about your homeschooling adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb!!! I love your blog! I have one as well but yours is much prettier. I am homeschooling our youngest too! She is 3 1/2. The other 2 are at St. Michael's. I haven't felt the courage to homeschool them yet.

    So cool to find you!

    Heidi Gillen

    ReplyDelete